You’ve worked hard creating and building a business, but there comes a time when you need to consider selling it or creating a sustainable succession plan. We can help.
Our seasoned management team has proven successes with building industry leading companies in Western Canada. We understand, and are respectful of, the personal relationship you have with your business and your employees. We work along side our portfolio companies, in a true partnership, to ensure growth and success for everyone.
THE WESTERN INVESTMENT COMPANY ADVANTAGE
- We can provide access to capital, business development tools, strategic contacts, customer referrals and deep expertise in our chosen industry sectors.
- Our oversight is entrepreneur friendly and we encourage both current owners and their management teams to continue managing the business.
- Our experienced team can provide mentorship when and where it’s needed in a collaborative environment; we have a diversified team with skills in operations, finance and sales.
- Being a public company allows business owners to access a tax deferred rollover, if they choose.
- We want to own our businesses for a long time; there is no requirement to exit the relationship in five to seven years, compared to traditional private equity firms.
To learn more about the businesses we have investment partnerships with, please visit our Portfolio page.
OUR INVESTMENT CRITERIA
To ensure success for the businesses we acquire and our shareholders we adhere to the following criteria when considering a purchase:
Insurance Services, Financial Services, Distribution/Retail, Agriculture & Related, Human Services, Special Situations
25% – 100%
Acquisition Enterprise Value
$10 – $100 million
British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
For more information about our criteria and investment philosophy, please see our Investor Presentation.