The Private Capital Markets Association of Canada honoured The Western Investment Company of Canada with its 2017 Corporate Finance Transaction Award.
The PCM Awards are the only national industry awards for private capital markets professionals, which recognize business leaders who help build a vibrant and successful private capital markets in Canada.
We were recognized for our first transaction, which provided GlassMasters Autoglass Ltd. and ARG Wholesale Ltd. (“GlassMasters”) with additional capital, contacts and other resources that will enable the company to expand its business presence in Alberta and into new markets in Western Canada.
ACCOLADES BESTOWED TO OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- Appointed by Prime Minister Harper to the Senate of Canada in 2013; continues to serve to the present day.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year in 2003.
Dr. Kabir Jivraj
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012 for outstanding contributions to clinical care and health administration.
- Honoured in 2005 as one of The 100 Alberta’s Physicians of the Century by the Alberta Medical Association and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Alberta Centennial Award in 2005, awarded to Albertans who have made significant contributions to their fellow citizens, their community and to Alberta.
- Alberta Medical Association’s Medal of Distinguished Service in May 2000.
- Member of the Order of Canada and a Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- Inducted into the Calgary Business Hall of Fame in 2017.
- Inducted into The Alberta Order of Excellence in 2016.
- Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2013.
- Queen Elizabeth Golden Jubilee Medal in 2003.
- Milner Fenerty Pinnacle Award in 1995.